The Condura Skyway Marathon (Manila, Philippines)
Race Date: Feb. 06, 2011
• 3K and 5k new route in Bonifacio Global City. ( Start and Finish at Bonifacio Global City )
• 10K - First time to be run in the Skyway. ( Start at Ayala and Finish at Bonifacio Global City )
• 16K – New Race Category to be run on the Skyway. ( Start at Ayala and Finish at Bonifacio Global City )
• 21K – Run more of the Skyway with a new route. ( Start at Ayala and Finish at Bonifacio Global City )
• Marathon – On the new extended Skyway up to Sucat Road. ( Start and Finish at Bonifacio Global City )
REGISTRATION STARTS on DEC.12, 2010
This year's Condura Run was my favorite race event in Manila. I, personally had a lot of issues (chafing, ankle pain, etc), but had nothing to complain about that race. You can read about my Condura Run 2010 Half Marathon Experience here.
Race Kit Giveaway
Anyway, I was working closely with Condura head honcho, Pat Concepcion, with this giveaway since last month when I celebrated my 1st RUNniversary. You see, on Sunday, Dec. 5, I will be running my first marathon in Las Vegas and a year ago this was NOT my plan.
My original plan was to run my first full marathon at the The Condura Skyway Marathon 2011. My 2010 experience was a very memorable race for me and a lot of my friends ran their very first full marathon that day. I remember seeing them cross the finish line and most were in tears. I made a decision on that day to toe the line of Condura 2011 for my first marathon as well.
Fast forward to today, I am now based in the U.S. and still wishing that I can once again run the skyway. I mean seriously? How cool is that? Once a year, road racers actually get to run on the Skyway! If you tried doing so on any other day, well, you'll be run over repeatedly by vehicles. Ouch!
So, you may ask why I am doing this giveaway...
1) This is still to celebrate my first year of running. I wanted to do something exclusively for the Filipino runners. My way of "bigay pugay" to you guys. Most especially my running family (takbo.ph) and blog readers.
2) Since I won't be able to participate in this race event in 2011, I will be represented (somehow) by the two winners of this giveaway. And I will run this race vicariously through them. Parang andun na din ako. Inggit much? :p
Before moving on to the the actual giveaway, I just want to thank Mr. Pat Concepcion and the rest of the Condura team for agreeing to do this giveaway. May our good Lord continue to bless you and all your other endeavors.
How to Join the Giveaway
Ok so, let's move on to the giveaway....
This giveaway is open to anyone who wants to join this race event. If you're not from the Philippines and you're willing to fly in from your country, then you are most welcome to join.
PRIZE: Two lucky readers will each win a Condura Skyway Marathon 2011 Race Kit of their chosen distance. Yahoo!
I will announce the winners on Saturday, December 11, 2010, 9am (Manila Time). -- Yes, it is the day before the actual registration of the race. So this is your chance to get one for FREE! I will be posting it here on my blog, on my Facebook Page and on Twitter, so please be sure you are a follower.
CLAIMING: Once I have announced the two winners (by using random.org) I will provide them with Mr. Concepcion's email. They will get in touch with him and he will confirm with me. They will be asked for their personal info and his staff will process their registration. The race kit will be delivered directly to them.
Please read and follow the instructions carefully. I will have to delete those that don't as this will mess up the count. =(
RULES & MECHANICS: Please remember to leave a SEPARATE comment for EACH of the things below in the comments section of this post. 1 comment = 1 SEPARATE entry. I suggest you do everything specified below to increase your chances of winning. If you leave 10 separate comments, that's 10 entries! If you do all 10, but put it all in one comment, then that's just counted as 1 entry. To see an example of how it's done, please check out the comments section of the past giveaways I've done HERE.
10 Entries to the Giveaway....
1. Must be a FOLLOWER of my blog. I'm doing this because it's my way of thanking you for being one! =) Click the Follow button located at my right sidebar. And let me know that you are following already by posting a comment here like, "I am a follower". I am always happy to see new people following. = 1 entry
2. Let me know which distance you plan to run at The Condura Skyway Marathon 2011 . Post it here on my comments again. = 1 entry
3. Tell me why you want to join The Condura Skyway Marathon 2011. Post it on my comments again. = 1 entry
4. Follow me on Twitter (@HotlegsRunner) and leave a comment here telling me that you already do. = 1 entry
5. Like the Hotlegs Runner on FACEBOOK and leave a comment here telling me that you already do. = 1 entry
4. Like the official Condura Run Page on FACEBOOK and leave a comment here that lets me know you already do. = 1 entry
6. Post this giveaway on your blog and leave a comment here that let's me know you did and please include the link. = 1 entry
7. Tweet this giveaway (copy & paste):" @HotlegsRunner is giving away 2 FREE race kits to The Condura Skyway Marathon 2011: http://www.hotlegsrunner.com/2010/12/race-kit-giveaway-condura-run-2011.html. " Leave a comment here that let's me know you did and please include the link. = 1 entry
8. Post this on your Facebook account or page (copy & paste):" Hotlegs Runner is giving away 2 FREE race kits to The Condura Skyway Marathon 2011: http://www.hotlegsrunner.com/2010/12/race-kit-giveaway-condura-run-2011.html. " Leave a comment here that let's me know you did and please include the link. = 1 entry
9. Post this as a note on DailyMile (copy & paste):" Hotlegs Runner is giving away 2 FREE race kits to The Condura Skyway Marathon 2011: http://www.hotlegsrunner.com/2010/12/race-kit-giveaway-condura-run-2011.html. '' Leave a comment here that let's me know you did and please include the link. = 1 entry
10. And lastly, promise me you'll have FUN during the event. =) Leave a comment that tells me you will. = 1 entry
Aaaaannd there you have it. Easy peasy! Good luck! =)
Disclaimer: I did not pay for these race kits. I was not compensated nor was I encouraged by the Condura organizers to post a positive review. This review is based solely on my experience during Condura 2010.