It's very easy to prepare and it would be nice if you could include your kids while making this.
Ok, so let's get cookin'...
Whole Wheat Pita Bread
Prepared pesto (or you can make your own)
Julienned Red Bell Peppers
Thinly sliced Red Onion
Thinly sliced Portabello Muchrooms
Julienned Sun-dried tomatoes
Skinless and Boneless Chicken Breast (I got one with lemon herb seasoning)
1. Thinly coat grill pan with Canola Oil Cooking Spray and cook the mushrooms, asparagus, red bell peppers and onions. Around 2 minutes.
sorry forgot to add the onions last minute that's why it's not in the pic ;p
2. Grill chicken and cut into thin small pieces.
3. Spread the pesto thinly over the pita bread.
4. Spread the onions, roasted pepper, portabello mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes.
5. Put in the sliced chicken and asparagus.
6. Spread the mozzarella cheese evenly and put on baking sheet with a little spray so the bottom crisps up.
7. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 10 minutes.
8. Cut into 4 pieces and enjoy!
30 Days of Thanks (Day 12)
I am thankful for the FOOD on my table and the family and friends I share it with! I know that a lot of people lack food around the world. That said, it should not be taken for granted. I am also thankful for discovering it's healthier options. Now, more than ever, I feel a lot stronger, healthier and have a better relationship with food.
- Which dish do you enjoy making with your kid(s)?
- How did you spend the 'no-school-day' with your kids yesterday?