The Hotlegs Runner The Daniel Plan | The Hotlegs Runner

Monday, February 21, 2011

The Daniel Plan

World medical authorities Dr. Mehmet Oz, Dr. Mark Hyman and Dr. Daniel Amen have joined together with our Saddleback Church to create this healthy lifestyle program called, The Daniel Plan.  I know you know these doctors, right?  if not, just click on the link to see a quick profile.

The Daniel Plan is the reason why my family has adapted a healthy lifestyle for the past few weeks -- we're eating more veggies and less meat,  we're exercising more, and mindful of what we eat.  We've been this way for quite some time already but even more so now.

As a result, we feel more energized than ever,  exercise has become a habit for the whole family (it just used to be me), and Mike and I each lost 5 lbs in one week among other things.

I wasn't so sure then if I wanted to do this.  I just thought I mostly knew everything about these things already - about the food choices I make, how to cook healthy meals, which food product is bad, etc. but ever since I started this plan I realized that I still have a lot to learn.  And everyday, as the The Daniel Plan website uploads more articles, info, and video interviews of these top doctors, I learn something new.

So my dear bloggie buddies, I would like to invite you to check out The Daniel Plan website.  We are already on week 5 but you can still catch up (Mike and I just started two weeks ago). There you will see the good food list, understanding labels, shopping list, best brain foods, vitamin supplements, and many more! You can also track your progress there as well.  I love it so much because it is the closest I could get to having these the amazing men as my doctor.  They personally designed this plan.  And it's FREE!

"The Daniel Plan is designed to help people adapt a healthy lifestyle through a comprehensive 52-week journey--not just another short-lived diet"

I truly enjoy the videos of the the 3 doctors.  I just learn a lot!  Example: Did you know the best/healthiest oil for cooking in medium to high heat is grapeseed oil (not olive oil because it will release toxins)?  You did?  Well, I didn't know that.  It's just one off the things I learned.

Before I end this post, I want to share with you the video that sucked me into this program - The video that convinced me and my family to join...

Click HERE and watch session 2 (video of Dr. Amen). After that, I just signed up and continued to watch everything and filled my brain with useful information which I passed along to my family.  And now I'm passing it on to YOU coz I wuv you guys! Haha!  Oh and I wasn't asked to or paid to post about this.  This is just the way I am.  When I truly believe in something, I share it.  Why keep a good thing all to yourself, right?

No but seriously, just check it out.  You'll never know what you might learn that can be very helpful for your health.

Happy Monday everyone! =)

Connect:
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/theDanielPlan
Twitter - @TheDanielPlan

Julie

6 comments:

  1. Gonna look into it! Looks great. Yes I did know that about Grapeseed oil. My cabinets are full of grapeseed oil. I don't really use any other oil much at all. :-) Looking forward to learning more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting. Going to check it out now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is pretty neat! I am going to go check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice. thanx for sharing Julie.

    i'll share your blog to our Ungo page ha. hope you won't mind....

    salamat po.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to look into this one, I LOVE Dr. Oz.

    ReplyDelete

Show some love by commenting. Would love to hear your thoughts! Speechless? Well, at least make use of the smileys. Haha! ♥.•:*¨*:•.♥

best blogger tips
Related Posts with Thumbnails