Today, on the same date as last year's, I am posting my goals for 2011. Woohoo!
I just love goal setting, don't you? I actually do this on a daily basis. Every night, before I sleep, my goals for the next day are already set. And I really get uber persnickety and anal with these goals, I tell you! When things don't go as planned, I get easily thrown off and get really bummed out. Yeah, I'm so hard on myself, I know.
But this year, I promise that won't be so anymore. I will allow room for mistakes and disappointments, I will welcome inevitable setbacks and speed bumps along the way, and more importantly, allow God to just breathe into my plans so that He may bless them and guide me all throughout the year.
Here are my goals for 2011...
1. Finally get a road bike - I really need one if I want to become a triathlete.
2. Join at least 2 marathons - Even if I'm gonna start focusing on multi-sports, running will always be my first love.
3. Join more short distance race events and PR - I can't even remember the last time I joined a 5K or 10K race event!
4. Run the NY marathon or Chicago marathon - Just coz it's on my list of races to do being that those two are part of the top 5 major marathons.
5. Join a sprint triathlon - TRIATHLETE is the key word this year. Last year, it was MARATHONER.
6. Join a duathlon - hopefully I get to do this before joining a triathlon.
7. Stay injury free - this is gonna be on my list every year. I think it's in everyone's lists, right?
8. Reach my ideal weight - or rather, create the body I will be the most happiest in.
9. Run more with my running group - I only ran with them once. Waddup?
10. Continue to uplift, encourage, inspire others - Definitely, a must!
I can't wait to strike out all of those things this mentioned above. I've got this! Bring it 2011! =)
My mantra says it all...
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." - Philippians 4:13
Did you make a list of goals this year?What's the one thing you really wanna achieve this year?
Posts this week you might have missed:
2010 Goals: The Assessment
Gear Review & Giveaway: STRIDE Everyday Bikini Panty