With only 140 characters allowed on Twitter, I wanted to participate, but decided not to. I had a LOT to say to my teenage self. I didn't want to flood the screens of my twitter followers. Haha! So let me just blog about it.
So here's my 37 year old self, speaking to my then 16 year old NON-SPORTY self...
- DO NOT try that cigarette being handed to you!
- Make healthy choices -- Eat your veggies and avoid fad diets. Establish a good relationship with food.
- You see those white Reebok running shoes? Wear them now, go outside and run. Just do it. You'll know why by the time you get back.
- Now that you've fallen in love with running, start training for your first 5K race. Oh, and welcome to the addiction!
- Don't have a boyfriend yet. He will just be a distraction. Trust me.
- Why did you stop swimming? Go to the country club and hit the pool again. It's now time to take it seriously!
- Props to you for teaching yourself how to swim when you were just 6. But you really should take formal lessons.
- Always use sunscreen. In a few years, you'll know why.
- For your 16th birthday, don't ask for a big party. Ask for a road bike instead.
- In your list of goals, include these... attain (and deserve) the following titles: "marathoner", "triathlete", and "ironman".
- Pray and let God breathe into your plans. He will be with you every step of the way.
- Listen and do everything I just said. You'll thank me later. Guaranteed!
30 Days of Thanks (Day 6)
How about you? If you could talk to your 16 year-old self, what would you say to him/her?