Cold and rain? Not good for me. My body responds to this dreary weather by acting all sleepy, sluggish and lazy. Baaaad for training.
not my cat
this is my narcoleptic lazy chihuahua, Tiffany
I almost didn't make it to the gym the other day coz I wanted to take a nap or watch TV instead. I ran yesterday morning but my drug (endorphins) didn't do much for me. I still wanted to just stay in bed. But apparently, my will power is so much stronger since I was STILL able to get my bum off bed and did my workout for each day. It wasn't an easy battle though.
I am reminded of the quote I posted on my Facebook page the other day...
"Mental will is a muscle that needs exercise, just like muscles of the body. " - Lynn Jennings, 9-time champion of the USA Cross Country Championships
I couldn't agree more with this! Strong mind and good mental discipline!
We all struggle with bouts of laziness. It is perfectly normal to feel this way once in a while. But I guess I can easily overcome it for these reasons...
1. I absolutely dislike procrastination and non-productivity.
2. I know at the end of the day, I will hate myself for being lazy and not accomplishing anything.
3. I think of my goal: to finish my first marathon before the cut-off time.
So for any of you who have been feeling some sort of slothfulness the past few days...you are not alone. We should just remember Nike's slogan, -- JUST DO IT.
I'll leave you with some tips on overcoming laziness:
- Start your day with some prayer, inspirational reading or meditation to snap you out of your lazy spell.
- Ask yourself, why you are training. What is this for? The answers should leave you inspired and motivated.
- Drink a glass of water as soon as you wake up. It's a good habit that will give you energy and kick up your metabolism the right away.
- Coffee - self explanatory, hehe!
- Reward yourself with a special treat when you're done with your run, workout or whatever it is you set yourself to do for the day.
Aaaaannnd... that's what I'm going to be doing now. I am done with everything I have to do for the day since I am writing this blog the night before it's actually posted (love scheduled posting!). So I shall check my fridge and see what I deserve for getting things done for this day.
*Don't forget to join my KT Tape giveaway! The more the merrier! There will be two winners! Check it out HERE!
- How do you overcome laziness and procrastination?
We could all use a good tip! =)