Well, there is much to be excited about...
1. This is The premier running event of the Philippines.
- Organized by runners for runners.
- Is that cool or what?
3. There will be a finisher's medal for ALL race categories.
- Now who doesn't want one of these?
4. We're running for a good cause: The DOLPHINS!
- P50 pesos from the race fee shall go to help save the Dolphins of Bohol. OK, cow not included. Maybe next year we can do it for the cows.
5. And...this will be my very first "Half Mary" (Half Marathon: 21K)
- Please God, help me to at least meet the cut-off time!
Well at least these are the top 5 reasons why I am all giddy with excitement. I registered yesterday at Runnr. Yes I braved the holiday traffic and registered 21K for me and 5K for my friend and her son. My babygirl is still deciding if she will join us or not. She has yet to finish a 3K run this sunday (Phil. Star Celebrity Run).
What?! I wasn't the only one who was THAT excited. There were at least 3 other people at Runnr who were registering. Haha! Well, there was an important note in the site that said:
"We are limiting the number of participants and some race categories may close out earlier than the registration deadlines once they hit their quota. We are encouraging participants to register NOW and to also make sure that they enjoy all the inclusions that come with a regular registration."
You see. they said, "register NOW". =D
So far, my training has been slowly progressing since I'm still recovering from my ankle strain from Corregidor. Thank you my takbo.ph peeps for guiding me always in my training. You guys are the bomb! Hope I'll be ready by Feb. 7. ... *Gulp!
Well that's all for now. What are you still doing here? "register NOW"!!! Hahaha!