This week, it will be beer since I had red wine last week. I will have it for dinner and I'm pairing it with a healthier alternative to the greasy beef burger. At least I'm making one healthy choice tonight! Ha! But trust me on this one... it. is. YUMMMMEHHH! It's the mango chutney that give it that extra oomph! Like there's a party in your mouth.
Turkey Burger w/ Mango ChutneyIngredients
1 16- to 20-inch-long baguette or whole wheat burger buns preferably whole-grain
1 large red onion, cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds, divided
1 pound 93%-lean ground turkey
4 tablespoons mango chutney (see Tips), divided
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
• Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high.
• For baguettes, cut it into 4 equal lengths. Split each piece horizontally and pull out about half of the soft bread from each side.
• Finely chop enough onion rounds to equal 1/3 cup. Combine the chopped onion with turkey, 1 tablespoon chutney and salt in a medium bowl; gently mix with your hands until well combined. Form into 4 burgers, about 1/2 inch thick and oval-shaped to match the shape of the bread. *round if using burger buns.
• Oil the grill rack (see Tips) or grill pan. Grill the remaining onion rounds until softened and blackened in spots, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Grill the burgers until cooked through and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center registers 165°F, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Grill the bread, cut-side down, until just beginning to char on the edges, about 2 minutes.
• To assemble sandwiches, spread the remaining mango chutney on the bottom pieces of baguette. Top with a turkey burger, grilled onion and lettuce. Cover with the remaining bread.
• Look for prepared mango chutney—a sweet, tangy and spicy condiment—near other Indian ingredients in the international aisle at most supermarkets.
• To oil a grill rack, oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the rack. (Do not use cooking spray on a hot grill.)
adapted from from eatingwell.com
Enjoy! Oops but first, a tempo run! =)
Happy Friday everyone!
What's your poison?
What are you doing this Friday?