So here goes...
My rating for this race is... 4.5 HOT LEGS!
What I LOVED...
1. COURSE - It was relatively flat. I recall only two bridges which we encountered twice being that it was an out and back route. Perfect for your first marathon and if you want to PR. For the first 13.1, you will be running up and down the strip. The second half will be around residential areas.
2. HYDRATION STATIONS - Very sufficient and lots of volunteers handing out water and Cytomax.
3. ENERGY GELS - LOTS of it at 2 different areas. Roughly around mile 7.5 and 21. There were two kinds: Roctane (Pomegranate) and the regular ones. Not sure what the other one was since I really just use Roctane.
4. SPECTATORS/CROWD SUPPORT - A lot of spectators (especially in the strip) to cheer you on. Second half were less but still some cheerleading teams and rock bands at different areas of the course.
5. EXPO - Race packet pick up was hassle free even if there were a lot of people in the expo. Parking was also free. Yey!
6. PORT-A-POTTIES - Thank God I never had to use them, but there were a lot on the start line and at different areas of the course. I relieved myself 3 times at home and 3 times at the Mandalay Bay before going to the corral. And maybe that's why I didn't feel like peeing during the race.
7. WAVE START - This is a must for half and full marathons and I'm glad that they had this. Hence, there was no congestion during the first few miles. Plus the road at the strip was really wide.
8. MILE MARKERS and TIMERS - Thank you! A must! Loved this!
Suggested improvements for next year...
1. TEXT UPDATES - my family, and I think everyone who signed up for this didn't get any updates. Later on, we got a text saying that they had a technical problem and would refund the $5 on Monday. This was really important for me coz my fiance didn't know where and when to wait for me to take my video crossing the finish line. Hence, no video was taken. =(
2. SWAG BAG - It was practically empty. It was just full of invites to future race events. Not so sure but, isn't there supposed to be more stuff in it? Like an energy bar and some samples?
3. TECHNICAL SHIRT - The size small was REALLY too big for me. Maybe a size XS for us petite runners next year?
4. POST RACE FOOD - It was very sparse compared to the Disneyland Half Marathon last September. I just got water and some yogurt. Where were the bananas, oranges, bagels, and energy bars? Were there any or did they pack up early? =(
There are no biggie complaints actually, but just my suggestions for a perfect race next year. Overall, I was very happy I chose this as my very first marathon.
Thank you Rock n' Roll Las Vegas! =)